Although you may only think you have dry skin in the winter months, you are mistaken. With the intense summer heat and sun beating down on your delicate skin, your body tends to become quite dry and dehydrated without you even realizing it. Summer activities like swimming and tanning can dehydrate your skin with the chlorine from the pool, while too much sun exposure can also wreak havoc on your epidermis. It is important to stay moisturized and keep your body hydrated and glowing. Here are five of the best body lotions to use this summer, in order to maintain that luxurious summertime glow.
1) Biotherm Sun After Ollgo-Thermal Milk, $37: Said to be super soothing, this body milk claims to alleviate any sort of overheating or dryness due to sun exposure. It states that it will provide intense moisture, and also rehydrate the skin to help it become smooth and silky.
2) Origins A Perfect World Intensely Hydrating Body Cream With White Tea, $41: Known to be extremely hydrating and rich, this cream contains pure essential oils and silver tip white tea extract, claiming to keep skin looking younger and protected, by helping to neutralize damaging free radicals formed by UV light, pollutants and stress.
3) Philosophy Loveswept Body Lotion, $44: This spring bouquet scented lotion claims to offer a floral fragrance, and to also encourage a refreshed complexion. As the product is enriched with shea butter and natural oils, it is said to replenish skin moisture.
4) L’occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream, $48: Enriched with 25 per cent shea butter, this cream is said to help intensely nourish skin and moisturize for up to 72 hours at a time. The cream claims to protect and restore the skin with its texture, and is developed to create a soft, soothing effect.
5) Clarins ‘Moisture-Rich’ Body Lotion, $57: This Clarins rich body lotion claims to instantly soothe dry skin with a satin-soft and visibly smoother finish. The body lotion states that it contains natural botanicals, along with shea butter, which are meant to encourage a moisturized effect.